Friday, July 17, 2009

Altered Canvas and Mixed Media



Hi all! I did these little altered canvases with mixed media for a Crop I went to in October 2008. It is a flat canvas (about a 5 x 7 or 6 x 8). Chalked on the edges and then a CD glued in the corner. The holes were drilled with my drill as my crop-a-dial kept cracking the CDs (maybe they were old or something). Anyoo - add paper of your choice and ribbons and then we used chipboard for the CROP and then used alphabet stickers for the "til you drop". You could use a Cricut to cut out the letters, but I like to give my class choices when they are doing one of my projects. I will always mix it up. I used copper wire to use for hanging them. We twisted some of it around a pencil/pen to give it some curly-cues. I took silk flowers from M's and took them apart and got two canvases to each flower. You don't want it too bulky. We used a rhinestone brad for the center of each flower and added some stickles to the flower petal edges. In the center of each CD we used a copper spiral clip with a little ribbon tied to it and glued it to the center. They turned out so cute. The purple one is for my scrapbook room and the leopard print is for my BFF. I did hers and then sent it to her. She loved it. So give it a try! Do an altered canvas and some mixed media. It is fun and looks great when you get it all finished. Crop on....

No comments:

Post a Comment