Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Don't Throw Out That Old Princess House Lamp!!!

Remember Princess House and that old lamp that you got as a hostess gift with the etched bottom "ginger jar" and the shiny brass parts. You may have one stuffed away in a closet or the attic. Well get it out! I took the lamp and created something totally awesome for my scrapbook room.
I took the lamp apart and spray painted all the parts from ugly shiny brass to shiny white. Then I put it back together. But before I put the bottom piece back on, I shoved silk hydrangea flowers in the glass bottom part of the lamp. My scrapbook room is Greens and Purples, and some Aquas. I had already had this purple lamp shade that I had been using on the lamp for some time. I had seen a lamp shade done like this on twopeasinabucket.com so I knew the direction I was going. I punched holes all around the bottom of the lamp shade as far as my punches would go. I used a regular hole punch, my crop-a-dial to punch the holes as I used different width ribbons. Then for 3 DAYS I sat and tied ribbon after ribbon around that dog-gone lamp shade. It was kind of tedious but I just popped in a few movies and tied and tied and tied and tied. When it was all said and done it turned out fabulous! This would make a cute idea for a baby's room, a toddler's room and even a teen's room. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy and crop on....

No comments:

Post a Comment